To avoid encountering setup errors, consider installing this Software Update for Web Folders at Microsoft.com, before proceeding with the setup steps.
If you use Internet Explorer you can use One-Step Setup.
Web Folder setup steps for Windows XP and Windows 2000
- Double-click on the MY NETWORK PLACES icon on your Desktop or from your START button.
- Click on ADD A NETWORK PLACE from the NETWORK TASKS menu on the left side of the window.
- The ADD A NETWORK PLACE WIZARD will open. Click NEXT.
- Select the CHOOSE ANOTHER NETWORK LOCATION option. Click NEXT.
- In the INTERNET OR NETWORK ADDRESS field enter https://webfolders.mydocsonline.com and click NEXT.
- Enter your User Name and Password when prompted.
- Enter a Name to label the link, such as My Docs Online or Web Folders Click FINISH.
- A Windows Explorer window will appear. You may then Click FINISH to OPEN your My Docs Online account or Click Cancel to exit.
- A Shortcut has been created in your My NETWORK PLACES. Open MY NETWORK PLACES. Drag and drop the web folder icon to your desktop for future access.
Watch the video tutorial
Related: Web Folder for more than one ID