Web Folders setup for Vista / Server 2003
64-Bit Vista versions: Bugs in the 64-bit versions of Vista prevent Web Folders from working. Microsoft may address the problem in the future. The 64-bit version of Windows 7 DOES support Web Folders.
32-Bit Vista versions: install this Software Update for Web Folders at Microsoft.com before proceeding.
Web Folder setup steps for Windows Vista and Server 2003
- In “Computer” Right-Click an open area on the right side of the Window, then select “Add a Network Location”.
- The “Add Network Location Wizard” will appear. Click “Next”.
- When asked, “Where do you want to create this network location?” select Choose a custom network location. Click “Next”.
- When asked to “Specify the location of your website” in the Internet or network address field, enter https://webfolders2.mydocsonline.com/webfolder, then Click “Next”.
- Enter your User Name and Password when prompted (you may be prompted up to FOUR times. Just enter your ID and password each time and the fourth time it should work).
- When asked, “What do you want to name this location?” enter a label of your choosing (for instance “My Docs Online”). Click “Next”.
- When you see “Completing the Add Network Location Wizard” Check the box “Open the network location when I click Finish” and Click “Finish” (it may take some time for the Web Folder to open the first time).
- A Network Location has been created in the “Network Location” section of Computer with the label you choose. (Hint: You can Right-click the Network Location and select “Send to… Desktop” to create an additional shortcut on your desktop).
- Finally, CONFIRM IT ALL WORKED BY LOOKING AT THE RESULTING ICON in Computer…Network Location:
Related: Web Folder for more than one ID