How can I back up my Outlook data to My Docs Online?
Backing up your outlook data to My Docs Online is a fairly simple process. The first step is to locate and copy your Personal Folder (.pst) file:
- Open Outlook.
- Find the location where the Personal Folder (.pst) file is kept on your system. To do so, right-click Outlook Today on the shortcut menu and select Properties.
- Click Advanced. Look at the Path field and make a note of the location of the PST file. This path may vary from system to system.
- Click Cancel twice to close the dialog boxes.
- Go to the File menu and click Exit to quit Outlook. Closing Outlook also “closes” the PST file to avoid problems with copying the file.
- Open the folder containing the PST file and locate the PST file.
- Make a copy of the file. You can do so by right-clicking the file and selecting Copy. Then Paste the file into a location where you can easily locate it. If you are unsure where to paste the file just copy it into your My Documents folder.
The second step is to upload the copied PST file into your My Docs Online account. Because PST files tend to be quite large we recommend using the MDO Transporter to upload the file. Once you have the Transporter running just locate your .PST file in the folder you copied it into earlier and select it for uploading.
Please note that PST files can be quite large. You may want to check your account first to be certain that you have enough free space to hold the file. If you need to purchase additional space prior to uploading you can do so by clicking the “My Account” button and selecting the appropriate link to “Add More Space” immediately.